Sound Bars vs Surround Sound Speakers
June 5, 2017
With ever-changing conference rooms and meeting rooms, it has become even more important for owners and managers to consider every option when building their perfect space, especially concerning sound bars & surround sound speakers.
Ensuring functionality while maintaining a clean and organized room will guarantee your guests continue to return to your property instead of moving somewhere else. One of the most difficult decisions to make in any room is what audio equipment to use. Sound bars are a perfect choice for this scenario.
There are so many options to choose from, but all the options of brand, size, power, and more, surface after making the first choice: sound bar or speakers. Below, let’s talk about the benefits and drawbacks of each product type.
Benefits of sound bars:
- Easy installation and connectivity.
- Minimal wiring needed.
- Modern, sleek design.
- Fit well in smaller spaces and don’t stand out in the environment.
- Excellent virtual sound, simulates surround sound experience.
Benefits of surround sound speakers:
- Full range surround sound.
- Able to place speakers in multiple areas for optimal acoustics.
- Maximum bass without a separate subwoofer.
- Better overall audio presentation.
Drawbacks of sound bars:
- May need separate subwoofer.
- Placement creates spots in room with better listening experience than others.
- Does not always produce complete surround sound, especially in larger rooms.
Drawbacks of surround sound speakers:
- Most require running wires to each individual speaker.
- Takes up more space.
- More intricate installation process.
- Typically more costly.
Overall, sound bars create an immersive experience, with minimal installation hassles and cord messes, for a smaller meeting or conference room. However, they may lose some effectiveness when placed in a larger area. Surround sound speakers take more time to install, but allow for more even sound distribution throughout a larger meeting space, without the need for extra add-ons later.
Clear Sight & Sound strives to guarantee you have the best possible sound quality for your guest’s meetings, conferences, and events. We work with our manufacturers and distributors to design quality system that will deliver to your expectations and are built to last.
Find the best fit for your rooms with Clear Sight & Sound: